Cosmetic Dentistry In Lee's Summit, MO
Some people are blessed with a beautiful smile from birth, but most people need a little bit of help to get their smiles up to par. The aim of cosmetic dentistry is to take your uniquely beautiful smile and make it look as perfect as possible—whiter, straighter, and contoured to fit your face.
Cosmetic dentistry primarily focuses on the aesthetics of your smile rather than the health and function of your teeth and gums. Cosmetic dentistry gives patients the smiles they’ve been looking for, from whitening to recontouring to replacing missing teeth. When you are looking to change the appearance of your smile, whether minor or drastic, then cosmetic dentistry from Tim O'Bryan DDS is the answer!
From more conservative treatments to more aggressive procedures, cosmetic dentistry can offer anyone a more attractive smile. Advancements in dental technology have also created more natural, tooth-like options and materials then ever before, so no one will ever be able to tell that you have received restorative dental work.
Why Is Cosmetic Dentistry So Popular?
A smile is a way of telling someone we’re happy, we’re pleased to be in their company, or that we’re having a good time. It’s a greeting and an important social cue. So if you feel like you have to hide your teeth from others, it can affect how you interact with the world. Cosmetic dentistry allows people with even the most discolored or damaged teeth to see a smile improvement, which is why it’s so popular in dentist offices across the country.
Here are some of the most common treatments that cosmetic dentists offer:
- Invisible braces (straightens up the smile using clear removable trays).
- Veneers (cover front of the teeth, make them look whiter, straighter, smoother).
- Crowns (cover the whole outer enamel of an imperfect tooth).
- Professional teeth whitening (bleaches the teeth so they look shades whiter).
- Dental implants (permanent tooth replacements).
- Gum surgery (to fix “gummy” smiles).
- Composite fillings (fills cavities with tooth-colored matter to look more natural).
- Cosmetic bonding and contouring (for minor cracks and chips in the teeth).
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
You never know just how much of an impact a beautiful smile can have on your life until you have one. People look at you differently and your self-confidence increases significantly. Cosmetic procedures can shave years off your appearance, making you look and feel younger.
Having cosmetic dental work done also reacquaints you with your dentist and encourages you to take better care of your teeth. Modern cosmetic solutions also last for many years—sometimes decades.